What is international war risks insurance?
UK War Risks is a specialist international insurance designed to protect ships of virtually any type or size against loss or malicious damage caused by a third party, anywhere in the world.
Why do you need war risks insurance?
Put simply, war risks insurance is designed to cover risks that standard hull insurance and P&I insurance choose to exclude. This typically includes damage or loss caused by:
- war, civil war, revolution and rebellion
- capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detention
- mines, torpedoes, bombs or other weapons of war, even when derelict
- damage or loss caused by strikes and labour disturbances
- terrorists, people acting maliciously or from a political motive
- piracy or violent theft by people from outside the ship
Why choose UK War Risks?
As a specialist in war risks (it’s all that we do), UK War Risks cover brings you five distinct advantages:
- Superior protection open to international fleets, expertly designed and constantly evolved by the industry, for the industry.
- An experienced team who will ensure that you get the right cover in place now and throughout the year.
- Experts with global resources ready to support you, should the worst happen.
- A claims process that reimburses Members promptly, easing cash flow and helping you to get back to business as fast as possible.
- A Board consisting of ship owners who are positively disposed towards settling claims for members.